Giving more – Not giving up
Every patient is different and every family has different needs, so we individualize our services, tailoring a personalized care plan for every patient. Oasis is a small company. This allows us to be flexible, always keeping the patient’s quality of life as our primary focus. Our staff makes intermittent visits to the patient based on their specific condition, but we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in case you need us. Our services include, as appropriate to the patient:
- Expert medical and nursing care
- Symptoms management, including pain management
- Patient and family/caregiver education
- Spiritual and emotional support and counseling to patients and families
- Physical therapy, speech therapy, and/or dietary counseling if consistent with the goals of care.
- Medical supplies, equipment, and medications that are directly related to the patient’s terminal illness
- Bereavement care and counseling for family/caregivers for up to thirteen months following the patient’s death
Levels of Hospice Service
Because hospice is designed to meet a patient’s needs over time, there are four levels of care available to patients designed to ensure the delivery of appropriate care. These include:
- Routine Home Care The most common level of care, routine care consists of visits to the patient’s place of residence. This allows the patient to stay in a familiar and comfortable environment while continuing to receive quality care from qualified professionals.
- Inpatient Care On occasion, a patient’s pain or other symptoms cannot be controlled in their home environment. At such times the patient may require a short stay in a hospital or other inpatient facility to stabilize the patient’s condition.
- Continuous Care Continuous care allows for 24 hour/day care by hospice staff in the patient’s home. It is a short-term alternative to inpatient care if acute symptoms can be controlled with increased care but without hospitalization.
- Respite Care Sometimes family members/caregivers need a break from the stresses associated with taking care of their loved ones. In this case the patient may be placed in a long-term care facility for up to five days in order to give their caregiver(s) a rest.
Oasis Healthcare is a leader in hospice services and pledges to go the extra mile to meet the needs of our patients and their families.